- “Share with Care: Digital Footprint and Responsible Communication
- Don’t Fall for Fake: Phishing, Scams, and Credible Sources
- Secure Your Secrets: Online Security and Passwords
- It’s Cool to Be Kind: Combating Negative Online Behavior
- When in Doubt, Talk It Out: Questionable Content and Scenarios”.
Educatorstechnology Tuesday, June 22, 2021 digital citizenship
The new BeInternetAwesome curriculum, as communicated in a tweet by Google for Education, is now available for free download. This resource is a fruit of collaboration between Google, the Net Safety Collaborative, and the Internet Safe Coalition. The goal is to provide young learners with a solid grounding in digital citizenship and help them become safer and responsible navigators of the web.
The new curriculum features novel social-emotional learning activities, updated version of safety and security activities, and new lessons on search literacy. There are five main units and each of these units embeds a number of lessons. Each lesson is categorized either into Media Literacy or Social-Emotional Learning and is marked with a symbol to indicate grade-level recommendation.
As stated in the new curriculum, the five main themes of digital citizenship from the Internet Code of Awesome are:
Check out the new BeInternetAwesome curriculum to learn more about how you can integrate it in your own teaching.