Online sales are dominating the consumer market. Affiliate marketing on ClickBank offers a prime opportunity to take advantage of that and rake in some passive cash.
Having run for over 20 years, ClickBank has helped affiliate marketers clinch $4.2 billion in commissions.
But, with such stiff competition, you’ll struggle to drum up regular sales if you don’t pick a profitable niche. By personalizing products to your target audience, you’ll find you experience a far higher conversion rate.
But how do you go about finding a niche on ClickBank? Read on to discover the nine easy steps to finding the perfect ClickBank niche for you.
Why is finding a niche on ClickBank important?
ClickBank is full of affiliate marketing opportunities with reams of products to choose from. While this offers diversity, with 100,000 affiliates on ClickBank, it also breeds competition.
Searches for ‘ClickBank affiliate marketing’ are up 140% so you need to find a way to distinguish yourself from the army of new affiliates.
By finding a niche, you can engage a specific target audience without overwhelming yourself with the competition.
It also means, like 87% of marketers, you’ll experience increased customer engagement by better personalizing your content.
Check out how content writing blog, Write Interactive, leverages its niche ClickBank products for affiliate marketing.
The blog offers engaging niche content to improve content writing skills.
Sticking with the content niche, Write Interactive offers Sqribble as an affiliate link. This is one of ClickBank’s top-selling products in the writing niche.
Here’s how you can select your own high-potential, low-competition niche on Clickbank:
9 simple steps to finding a niche on ClickBank
No doubt you’re attracted to the idea of free-flowing passive income from a lucrative ClickBank affiliate website.
You’ll find the best success when you target a niche.
By focusing on specialist buyers, you can better understand your sector and deliver personalized products that meet the demands of your target audience.
Follow these 9 steps to finding a profitable niche on ClickBank.
ClickBank has 4000+ products.
To choose which products to focus on, start with your passions.
To keep your ClickBank niche site relevant, you’ll continually need to update products and content. In this respect, you don’t want to get bored.
Equally, when you’re passionate about a niche, you already know about your number one prime target persona — you. So, you’ll be able to personalize content from the get-go.
Research ClickBank to see if there are marketable products that match your passions.
Here’s how you go about finding a niche that matches your interests on ClickBank:
- Create an account and log in into ClickBank.
- Click ‘Affiliate Marketplace’. The ClickBank Marketplace will launch in a new window.
- Check out the red right-hand menu to see the broad niche product categories available on ClickBank.
- Click the arrows next to each category to view subcategories in a dropdown menu.
- Click the subcategories that most connect with your passions to explore the niches that are interesting to you.
ClickBank scores the “Gravity” of each affiliate offer on the platform.
The ClickBank Gravity score of each affiliate product is calculated by how many people have made a commission with this product in the last 12 weeks.
ClickBank isn’t particularly forthcoming with how Gravity scores work, but in the affiliate industry, it’s presumed they work like this:
- Gravity is out of 100
- One new affiliate sale in the last week gives a Gravity score of 1
- If no sale is made, the score reduces incrementally to 0 after 8 weeks
- Gravity shows the minimum number of people who have made a sale. A score of 100 means at least 100 affiliates have made a sale with this affiliate offer in the last 12 weeks
ClickBank Gravity scores will show you which products are currently the most profitable in your niche.
Gravity scores will also guide you to the sub-niches with the highest number of profitable products.
At this stage, you can decide if there are products that fit your brand ethics, personality, and image.
That way, you can target affiliate advertising to the most profitable sub-niches. Since 80% of marketers agree that targeted advertising works, you’ll get better ROI by pinpointing products that are personalized to the right niche.
Gravity scores will also identify the most competitive products. High gravity scores show that lots of affiliates are selling this product. So, be careful with top Gravity performers.
Here’s how you find a profitable niche using the Gravity score on ClickBank:
- Click your relevant niche in the red menu and select your subcategory.
- Head to the dropdown menu labeled “sort results by”. Select “Gravity”.
- Select “High to Low” to see the most profitable products first.
- You can filter out low Gravity scores by changing the slider on the right-hand menu.
For example, when you explore the cooking, food and wine niche:
- Keto products are profitable, offering affiliate products such as recipes, cookbooks, and programs.
- Fat burning and vegan products also have high Gravity scores.
For foodies, focus on keto, vegan, and healthy-eating content for maximum affiliate commission.
While some products may have lots of sales, that doesn’t always mean high affiliate commissions.
Some products have 50% profit shares, while some only give 5% affiliate commission.
You need to find the average profit per product to see which products offer the highest returns.
Otherwise, you might have to generate a ton of sales to net a decent profit.
On ClickBank, you use the “Avg $/sale” functionality to find the most profitable products in your niche.
Here’s how you set about finding a niche with profitable products on ClickBank.
- Choose a category that interests you from the red menu and drop-down categories
- Sort the results by “Avg $/sale”. This shows you the average amount of profit in dollars per item sold.
- Click “High to Low” to bring the most profitable niche products to the top.
- Adjust the “Avg $/sale” filter to find price-relevant products and commissions that suit you.
- Choose the niches with the most profitable items.
Let’s look at the education niche on ClickBank.
The top ten products range from $9 to $113 for an average sale. In general, you’re making $30 a sale for the top products. That makes education a pretty profitable niche.
Remember though, the most profitable products will have the most competition.
Use the keywords from your niche to find appropriate, popular affiliate products.
By performing keyword research, you’ll be able to see what kinds of niche products are available on ClickBank and what performs best.
This guides your content and your product choice.
39% of affiliate commissions go to bloggers and content writing affiliates because they use this technique to find the best links to embed for