Skittles do not contain any ingredients that are specifically toxic to dogs, but there are no nutritional benefits of them either.
Individual dogs can react differently to skittles, and sometimes you wouldn’t even know that they had stolen one or two, but other times, there may be more of a cause for concern, especially if they have eaten a large amount of skittles.
Eating too many skittles can lead to an upset stomach for your dogs and even lead to other gastrointestinal problems like bloating, vomiting, and diarrhea.
The high amount of sugar can also cause cavities, resulting in poor dental health. Something else that you should be aware of is the danger of your dog accidentally consuming the plastic packaging of the skittles.
This is something that can happen if your dog has gotten hold of a packet of skittles without your knowledge, and candy wrappers can cause blockages in your dog’s throat or intestines. This is a cause for a medical emergency. Without immediate attention, this is a situation that can easily become life-threatening.