Tuesday, June 08, 2021
1- Clear space in Google Drive
Large files in Drive use more space than other files. You need to delete the ones you don’t need. Here is how to do it:
- ‘Use this link to see your files listed from largest to smallest.
- Put files you don’t want in your trash, then permanently delete them. Learn how to delete files.
- Within 24 hours, the items you deleted will show in the available space in your Google Drive account.’
2- Delete hidden data from apps in Google Drive
Some of the apps you use with Google Drive store hidden data that is usually not useful and takes up much space. Here is how to check and delete hidden data in Google Drive:
- ‘Go to drive.google.com.
- Click the toggle button and select Settings .
- On the left, click Manage Apps.
- If there is hidden app data, the amount will show under the app description. To delete this data, click Options and then Delete hidden app data.’
Check out Google Drive Help for more tips and tricks.