Virgin Media deals like this don’t come along every day: if you sign up for one of its broadband and TV plans, you’ll get a free case of wine courtesy of Virgin Wines. Alternatively, if wine isn’t your thing, you can get a whopping cash bill credit worth up to £100. To make this deal even more head-spinning, Virgin Media is currently waiving its usual £35 setup fee too. That’s a staggering saving.
The broadband and TV plans range from a download speed of 54Mbits/sec with the Freeview channels for £33/mth on an 18-month contract, which comes with a six-bottle case of wine worth £94 or a £50 bill credit, all the way up to a scintillating 1,130Mbits/sec with over 230 channels (including Sky Sports and Netflix), which gets you a free 16-bottle case of wine worth £224 or a £100 bill credit.
Whether you’re an aspiring sommelier who needs lightning-fast broadband to seek out the rarest vintages or a football fanatic who wants to carve a hefty chunk out of their overall bill, there’s a Virgin Media deal here for you. Just be quick, though: they will expire on 25 April.
Buy now from Virgin Media
With an excellent eight packages included in the wine or bill credit Virgin Media deal, it might be difficult knowing where to start. That’s where we come in: we’ve organised the plans from cheapest to most expensive below, along with a summary of the freebies you’re getting. Note that all of them last for 18 months.
- 54Mbits/sec broadband + Freeview channels + six bottles of wine or £50 bill credit for £33/mth
- 213Mbits/sec broadband + Freeview and Sky drama channels + six bottles of wine or £50 bill credit for £38/mth
- 213Mbits/sec broadband + Freeview channels + 10GB O2 SIM + six bottles of wine or £50 bill credit for £38/mth
- 362Mbits/sec broadband + Freeview, drama and documentary channels + 10GB O2 SIM + six bottles of wine or £50 bill credit for £46/mth
- 213Mbits/sec broadband + Freeview, Sky and BT Sport channels + 16 bottles of wine or £100 bill credit for £49/mth
- 108Mbits/sec broadband + Freeview, Sky, Sky Sports and BT Sport channels + 16 bottles of wine or £100 bill credit for £72/mth
- 108Mbits/sec broadband + Freeview, Sky, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, BT Sport channels and standard Netflix + 16 bottles of wine or £100 bill credit for £87/mth
- 1,130Mbits/sec broadband+ all of the channels above and more + unlimited O2 SIM + 16 bottles of wine or £100 bill credit for £85/mth
But what’s Virgin Media like as a broadband provider? In our most recent review, we awarded the company four stars for its unrivalled speeds (it was the first to break the 1Gbit/sec barrier, as you can see in the top-of-the-range plan above), solid reliability and impressive router. In fact, it was the recipient of the Best Speed award in the Expert Reviews Best Broadband Awards 2022.
Question marks remain over the service’s geographic availability and lacklustre customer support scores. Nevertheless, 55% of the customers we surveyed were still likely to recommend Virgin Media to their friends or family.
Buy now from Virgin Media
We can’t emphasise enough how good these Virgin Media deals are, particularly if you’re a wine lover. Even if you’re not, the combination of a generous bill credit and the packages’ value for money make them unmissable offers. Once again, sign up as soon as possible because they’ll only last until 25 April.
And, if you’d like to see what else the firm is offering, head over to our dedicated roundup of the best Virgin Media deals. Or you can size up the competition with our list of the best broadband and TV deals.